Contact The Daily Sentinel
Welcome to NIE!
Newspapers in Education (NIE) is an exciting, interactive program that engages students in learning by providing them with daily copies of The Daily Sentinel. Through NIE, teachers use the newspaper to enhance lesson plans, to enliven classroom discussions and to help develop lifelong reading habits in students. It's a great resource in bridging the gap between traditional textbooks and the real world, helping students meet the challenges of the future.
NIE was developed to:
• Improve the educational achievement of students;
• Instill a stronger sense of community among students;
• Enhance the educational experience of students; and
• Increase community involvement in education.
How does Newspaper in Education work?
Businesses, organizations and even individuals can contribute to this effort. Sponsorship contributions help teachers and students benefit from educational materials offered by the NIE program, such as classroom sets of newspapers, activity guides and other curriculum support.
How you can help:
• Encourage teachers to use The Daily Sentinel.
• Sponsorships help The Daily Sentinel implement a Newspaper in Education program to reach students in our schools. As a sponsor, you can provide newspapers for students in classrooms each week. If you wish to adopt a particular school or classroom, we can accommodate you.
If you like to become a sponsor, please call The Daily Sentinel at 1-877-771-1110. Or just mail your contribution to:
The Daily Sentinel NIE program
P.O. Box 630068
Nacogdoches, Texas 75963